Georgia Private School Tax Credit
Through The Cloverleaf School’s partnership with Apogee Scholarship Fund, you can REDIRECT, at no cost, Georgia income tax dollars to The Cloverleaf School. This year, only $50 million of tax credits will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. There has been a dramatic jump in Georgia taxpayers taking advantage of this program as it has gained momentum. If you are interested in participating, we urge you to make your commitment early in the calendar year.
What is Apogee Scholarship Fund?
Apogee Scholarship Fund is a state registered SSO (Student Scholarship Organization) as well as a 501c3 non-profit organization whose primary functions are to facilitate the process of distributing tax credits in exchange for contributions and to disburse those funds for private school tuition scholarships.
How does it work?
To participate in this program, you must pre-pay your taxes (or a portion of your taxes) through a contribution to Apogee Scholarship Fund. Individual filers can contribute up to $1,000, joint filers up to $2,500, and Type C corporations up to 75% of GA tax liability. When you make a contribution to Apogee Scholarship Fund, you will receive a dollar-for-dollar GA tax credit which comes to you in the mail as a voucher for the amount of your contribution. This opportunity is open to anyone that has GA tax liability (i.e. grandparents, family, friends, etc).
Who qualifies to receive the scholarship?
Parents or guardians interested in applying for ASA tuition assistance should contact the school. The state of Georgia has defined parameters as to who is eligible to receive tuition assistance through this program:
- Children eligible to enroll in a GA qualified (public) school Pre-K, Kindergarten, or 1st grade.
- Students who are currently enrolled at GA public school. Apogee policy requires that a student must have attended at least 30 days of public school in order to be considered eligible.
- Home School students, KIPP School students, Charter School students
EASY TO PARTICIPATE
To participate in Apogee’s new paperless process, please visit the Apogee website at www.apogeescholarships.org and follow the prompts to submit forms online. Please note the payment and notification process are the same as the paper process as described below.
- Print and complete the Apogee Authorization Form
- Sign Page 2, Section C of Form IT-QEE-TP1
- Write a check to Apogee Scholarship Fund or pay by credit card on the Apogee website
- Mail these items to: Apogee Scholarship Fund
3330 Cumberland Blvd, Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
- Apogee will take care of the rest!
For additional filing instructions, please visit www.apogeescholarships.org or contact our ASF representative, John Panessa at (404) 419-7123 or at email@example.com.